We’re looking for an Analyst to join the Advertising team at Zapier. The Analyst will be passionate about using data to help make better decisions and serve insights with strategic implications. We’re looking for an inventive, scale-minded, data analytics expert who is unconventionally curious, maintains a healthy degree of skepticism, and is rigorous in their attention to detail. In this role, you will support the design of campaigns and experiments, develop foundational dashboards, and leverage data to drive key strategic decisions.
We work in a cross-functional environment with the product, sales, decision science, and other business analysts to build models that help us understand and influence Zapier’s growth, create KPIs that measure and monitor our progress against business-critical goals, and perform ad hoc analysis diving into the impact of individual campaigns, investments, and initiatives.
- You have 2+ years of related experience in Marketing and Advertising.
- Solid experience in analytics, with working knowledge in the conversion funnel and customer journey.
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries (e.g. joins, unions, subqueries, case statements, window functions, etc.), and working with large data sets.
- Able to proactively design and execute A/B tests and turn results into institutional knowledge.
- Deep understanding of digital advertising dynamics, including auction pricing, CPMs, CTRs, CPCs, ROAS, and all the other C-level acronyms.
- Proficiency with Excel/Sheets and Looker or equivalent data visualization platforms (Tableau, Power BI, QuickSight, Periscope, etc.).
- Experience with GTM, tracking, pixels and using data to improve advertising performance
Things You’ll Do:
- Function as the analytics partner for our Paid Acquisitions team, including establishing consistent tracking, KPIs, and dashboards, supporting experimentation, plus developing insights into campaign impact on customer acquisition, revenue, and more.
- Develop a deep understanding of available data and how they can be used for different analyses to answer questions and solve problems.
- Work with Data Science to inform the development of predictive models that guide marketing targeting and investments.
- Create readable and informative data visualizations to communicate data insights to stakeholders and executives.
- Use data to identify opportunities to improve marketing channel or sales team performance and ROI.
- Turn ambiguous questions into clear analytical problems, and solve them using data.
- Continuously learn and develop skills while working with our cutting-edge team of analysts and data scientists.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of statistics (significance, p-value, sample size, power)
- Experience with A/B testing or experimental design
- Experience in market research or survey methodologies
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.