Brand Manager – Personal Care
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below
Job Requisition ID: JR000905
Location: Lagos (Nigeria Head Office)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Category Lead, Personal Care
- Utilise a thorough understanding of the African consumer, customer and competitor environment to develop compelling brand strategies, aligned to group brand strategies.
- Contribute to the creation and development of brand strategy to grow brands market share volume/value and profitability; and oversee strategy implementation.
- Support the delivery of overall budgeted profitability of the brand by developing solid brand strategies that grow and sustain brand performance.
- Monitor and report the regional brand’s performance through brand health indicators (NNS, GM, MC) and key consumer KPIs (awareness, trial, attribute rating etc.).
- Explore & exploit new growth opportunities for the brand. Initiate and lead the NPD process ensuring that its requirements are managed and delivered according to targets with clear hand over to CBUs at Gate 2 Collate local consumer insights and output from research plans to feed into the development of the brand strategy.
- Define pricing policy for products within the brand portfolio in the Region. Develop regional communication material aligned to the brand strategy and that support the delivery of CBU brand plans.
- Participate actively in company-wide initiatives as required – e.g. Margin Improvement Proactively identify sources and resource needs to support brand growth.
Significant Relationships (Internal & External)
- Regional Marketing team
- Brand Development & Activation Team
- Cross-functional teams from Finance, Commercial, Supply Chain, HR, NPD, Consumer Insights, Digital
- Advertising agencies & Service providers
Qualifications, Experience & CompetenciesQualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 – 7 years demonstrated experience in Brand Management.
- Professional Qualification in Marketing is essential.
- IT savvy including the use of MS Office Suite of Applications.
Consumer ChampionCapabilities / Technical Skills:
- Insight generation (Developed)
- Communication (Proven strength)
- Digital (Proven strength)
- Brand propositions (Developed)
- Strategy (Developed)
Profit And Growth Champion
- Commercial delivery (Proven strength)
- RTM (Proven strength)
- Innovation (Developed)
- NPD and PLM (Proven strength).
- Personal leadership (Developed)
- Personal drive (Developed)
- Talent development (Developed).
May RequireJob Context & Special Features:
- Significant in-country and regional travel
- International travel
- Flexibility to work on weekends
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.