Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
Job Position: Business Manager – EPC
Job Location: Abuja
- We are seeking a Business Manager to help expand its EPC business within Nigeria and across other parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
- We seek a business professional to take up the challenge of developing wide range of functions and who will be committed to execute at a high level in a start-up paced environment.
- The Business Manager – EPC is a leadership position responsible for organizing, motivating, and leading efforts to build the EPC business within the country and other sub-Saharan African countries.
- This role is ultimately responsible for the projects and operation, safety, quality, efficiency, and customer experience of solar and bio mass installation projects for commercial and industrial clients.
- The Business Manager – EPC is accountable for their area’s financial performance in partnership with the Country Manager.
- Required to drive continuous improvement through operations in alignment with functional leadership.
- The candidate will have a track record of proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & development, employee relations, performance management, etc.) as well as bio mass/ solar industry knowledge. In continuing to guide various clients to the path of cleaner energy use, Husk Power is seeking to provide Solar Energy to large corporates, MNCs, and SMEs across Nigeria.
- This will be done through our unique Solar(hybrid) solutions being installed on multiple facilities and locations for such clients.
- The individual should also be passionate about solving one of Nigeria’s most critical challenges – energy access deficit. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in Asia and Africa, including India, Tanzania, Nigeria etc.
- Play a key role as a member of the Management Team in crafting a robust EPC Business Strategy.
- Work closely with the Country Manager and other members of the Nigerian Management Team to deliver on business objectives.
- Support the optimization of various Husk NG activities to ensure best practices are entrenched towards more efficient processes.
- Support in driving “Best Practices” across the business. Once a “Best Practice” has been identified, ensure that the practice is visible nationally and to another subsidiary.
- Support in negotiating solutions, resolve conflicts and provide solutions in the best interest of Husk Power Systems, and our clients and employees across potential mini grid (and other) locations.
- Lead efforts in the training and mentoring of new employees for capacity building purposes.
- Understand the priorities of the country operations and support the Country Team when necessary
- Provide requisite support and inputs on building and aligning various company processes and policies according to global best practices.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Market research across the EPC business, including but not limited to marketing, business development, review and budgeting, across major cities in Nigeria and across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Development of accurate segmentation and targeting of the market including identification of client and market opportunities, market entry strategy, establishing balance of long-term pipeline and short-term revenue.
- Create country market intelligence packs to inform price and place decisions. Establish scalable promotional tools and processes.
- Structure and industrialize the process around identifying and serving customers’ needs to match the company’s corporate strategy between teams.
- Lead efforts in sourcing potential leads for partnerships, joint-ventures and possible equity investment for EPC deployment.
- Design cooperation structures, define role-sharing and assess economics of these partnerships or joint-ventures.
- Performance will be assessed by pipeline generation, projects closed, project profitability, revenue, customer relationship enhancement, brand influence, enhanced competitiveness and team building.
Business Growth and Support:
- Ensure support for other Business Units to drive alignment with EPC related activities.
- Support efforts for business communications internally and externally, including project press releases, case study development and videos.
- Support business growth and continuous cost & quality improvements in the business.
- Actively contribute to developing company’s Business plan, ensuring alignment with global outlook.
- Contribute towards long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals.
Does this sound like you?
- Graduate from a leading institution with a related Degree in Engineering. Postgraduate degree in business and/or related professional qualifications, a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience and 3-5 years of experience in a similar role within the energy sector.
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mindset with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Understands the various business models for power sales, and how best to diversify and mitigate portfolio concentration risk.
- This position requires an in-depth understanding of business development, critical thinking and the ability to provide time-bound solutions to the benefit of the company, and projects.
- Lead by example and offer support/co-ordination to company workflow as required.
- Excellent negotiation, project and contract management skills
- Great business and financial acumen with an excellent understanding of relevant legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Great relationship management skills; an understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and project management tools (MS Project, Asana, Slack etc)
- Business level fluency in major Nigerian languages, a plus
- Dependability, attention to detail, cooperation, stress tolerance, concern for others, initiative, leadership, self-control, and independence are the desired pre-requisites.
General Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to develop and update professional knowledge and skills quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in the advancement of business objectives.
- Effectively carries out tasks that are required by the Global Leadership and Nigeria Management team in addition to carrying out own role.
- Adapts to changes in company strategy whilst developing own strategy to achieve personal goals of competently owning and managing processes.
- Has a collaborative attitude and ability to drive that through across business units/work functions.
- Understands company strategy and vision and is able to drive that through across to other employees across the organization.
- Assesses own development needs and develops self to improve job performance and fulfil future potential. Contributes to the team ethos and instilling the values of Company.
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through concise communication skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Should possess requisite skill sets- active listening, speaking, reading, comprehension, critical thinking, performance monitoring, time management, people management, material resource management, effective time management, judgment and decision making, teaching, coaching, and social awareness.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; and determine accuracy of the work assigned
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must possess a driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
- You are driven to support the delivery of business growth in a new market.
- You have a robust industry network and understand effective client engagement practices.
- You are an effective planner and have a strong orientation to process
- You building strong relationship built on trust, and are a strong verbal communicator
- You pride your communication skills.
- Most importantly, candidate must fit company spirit where people work smart, play hard, have fun and are dedicated to success.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.