As a Customer Success Manager at Customer.io, you’ll act as the project manager for the successful onboarding of accounts, and dedicated, ongoing support for your assigned customers. Tasked with getting general or strategic questions answered for new customers, you’ll collaborate with technical support, sales, and engineering (when appropriate).
We don’t need you to be an expert at marketing – but rather, an expert at getting questions answered and influencing the customer to make progress and move through blockers. You won’t necessarily be a data or technical expert but will be keen to get a good understanding of our app so that you can take a use case and leverage our features to make your customer successful.
You’ll be working with our customers who opt into a Premium plan with us, and closing their renewal plans when the time comes.
Some things you’ll do:
- Transition calls with key stakeholders to outline the general onboarding plan and timetable
- Conversations with customers to unearth reasons why messaging matters to them and help them plan, implement, and follow through with their messaging goals
- Planning and organization of the data customers will send to their Customer.io account, and how they’ll use it to power effective campaigns and newsletters
- Being your customer’s first point of contact to provide them with dedicated support and initial troubleshooting. We don’t expect you to know all of the answers, but you will gather information and receive help from TS, Product, and Engineering to solve problems
- Following up with customers ~1x/month after the onboarding process is complete
- Assessing the customer’s plan for growth, and keeping them on a good path to renewing their agreement with us each year
- You’re curious and enjoy learning about different businesses and industries
- You’ve got a thirst for knowledge, and are keen to understand our app
- We often find ourselves in situations like this: A customer completed their integration with Customer.io. They want to create a complex, time-sensitive campaign but their engineers are unavailable to help the marketer interpret their data for setting up this campaign. How do you help them?
- Creative problem solver who can understand the customer problem and find the best solution regardless of what the customer is asking for
- You’re calm under stress and not easily rattled
- You enjoy solving problems independently but aren’t afraid to ask for help or collaboration when you need to
What we’re looking for:
- Preferably based in EMEA or APAC time zones
- You’ve worked in a company doing customer success or another customer-facing role
- You have a background in SaaS
- You have experience communicating with software developers in a technical capacity
- You’re opinionated about customer experience for a business and in general. In order to give strategic advice to customers, you should have well formed opinions!
- Bonus points: You’re fluent in two or more languages
- Bonus points: You’ve been responsible for designing lifecycle messages
To apply for this job please click on -> boards.greenhouse.io.