Acala is looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our Blockchain Engineering team. Our platform consists of; Rust-based blockchain modules; an EVM of Solidity-based smart contracts; and a variety of other Fullstack elements built with Typescript / React / Node.js. You can inspect these components here. These modules work together to power our DeFi protocols for staking, lending, minting stablecoins, etc. There are some very powerful insights buried within our data, and it will be your job to help us find them and to tie them all together into a unified Data Analytics strategy.
This role is predominantly the work of a Data Analyst, but with some elements of Data Engineering. As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for data extraction/pooling / transformation, as well as running trend analysis on things like; daily and weekly staking/lending; the number of stablecoins minted each week, liquid assets in circulation, etc. You’ll also work very closely with our Software Engineers to solve the data format problems that stem from on-chain sources, and having experience in automating solutions to these problems will be a huge benefit.
Our ideal candidate(s) will have exposure to pricing analytics processes across web-based applications, and will be able to discuss the highs and lows of statistical modeling at interview. We’re expecting to hire someone who is familiar with transactional data processing, ideally from a fintech applications background, but we’re open to a wide range of Analytics candidates that might be focused on other industries, provided they are aware of blockchain concepts and the current development trends in DeFi applications.
What you’ll do
- Own the Data Analysis processes across our DeFi platforms, Acala & Karura
- Perform detailed trend analysis on; buying/selling/staking, price volatility, stablecoin minting, etc
- Work closely with our Software Engineers to solve data format and transformational issues
- Build custom data dashboards for the team(s) at Acala, including the Founders
- Work with our Economics expert on new Crypto-Analytics models
What it takes
- Bachelors degree or higher in CompSci or Math/Stats
- Minimum 3 years experience in Data Analytics, preferably in FinTech
- Experience with different Data Analysis types: Quality, Exploratory, Predictive, etc
- Coding or scripting skills for data process automation; Python, R, Typescript, etc
- BONUS: Experience with derivative trading, collateralized assets, ForEx trading, etc.
What we offer
- Competitive contract-based compensation (you’ll have to invoice us from wherever you are)
- Flexible working hours within Pacific timezones
- Collaborative, transparent and empowering work culture
- Meaningful work on creating better technologies for a fairer future
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.lever.co.
Data Analytics Engineer at Acala