OkHi is a smart addressing system enabling 4 billion people to “be included”.
We’re solving a problem affecting half of the world and costing businesses $200 billion a year.
Backed by Google and Facebook, we’re a team with Silicon Valley expertise, strong values and a pioneering culture.
We’ve recently raised $3M to prove how smart addressing should work, starting in Nigeria and then scaling to every other emerging market in the world.
We need you!
OkHi is solving a global problem. We’re growing fast in Nigeria and plan to scale internationally in 2022. This creates an exciting and fulfilling opportunity for an iOS Developer to join our mobile dev team and build products that our users truly love. This is a short-term, full-time engagement for two to three months.
iOS Developer at OkHi
- An experienced iOS developer with at least 5 years of active iOS development
- Proficient in the Swift programming language
- Experienced with iOS frameworks
- Familiar with Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experienced in working with Maps (Google, Apple, OpenStreetMaps)
- Experienced in working with real-time Geolocation services
- Familiar with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Proficient in code versioning tools (Git, GitFlow)
Build and maintain a suite of OkHi’s iOS libraries and SDKs to enable 3rd party developers to create memorable and delightful OkHi experiences for their users by doing the following tasks:
- Implement 2 way Webview communication
- Implement best practices around requesting and managing of different kinds of device location permissions
- Implement background location geofencing
- Implement and track real time location updates
- Implement Google Maps SDK for iOS to collect different coordinates as well as render custom overlay components
- Integrate RESTful APIs to both send and receive data
- Implement background data syncs via a RESTful API
- Implement real-time communication with a server via websockets or 3rd party pub-sub service
- Implement local data persistence with CoreData and/or any other local storage options
- Implement best practices around publishing apps to the app store
- Manage testing cycles with TestFlight or Firebase Test Lab
- Implement abstraction layers to enable code usage on other mobile platforms such as React Native and Flutter
- Purpose driven about our mission – to enable the 4 billion people without a physical address to “be included”.
- Guided by our company values which support us in our daily decisions making
- Be bold – make audacious decisions
- Be open – build trust by being vulnerable
- Go lean – increase the speed of learning
- Grow together – with open feedback and collaboration
- Enjoy your journey – life is a marathon, not a sprint
- Excited to work with diverse people to accelerate the growth of the business
- Backed by world class investors including Google, the co-founder of AirBnb Nate Blecharczyk, and ex-CFO of Google Patrick Pichette
To apply for this job please click on -> okhi.hire.trakstar.com.