Website Kaplan International
Night Facilities Officer
- To work as a member of the team, providing a front-line response in both planned and reactive maintenance service in accordance with the Service Level Agreement with our stakeholders.
- Issue and regulate stores and cleaning supplies and assist in maintaining correct stock levels.
- Ensure that the working environment is maintained in accordance with the Service Level Agreement, including keeping the site clean by litter picking daily, supporting the cleaning staff with rubbish removal and, when required, clearing snow and ice from pathways and putting down grit.
- Undertake duties involving movement of loads (e.g., bins/ white goods/Furniture etc.)
- Identify and resolve maintenance issues ensuring these are reported using the correct process.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be prepared to work as part of a rolling roster including weekends in addition to busy student arrival weekends.
- Always adhere to the company dress policy.
- University of Liverpool International College is connected to a residence, classroom set up and maintenance of the college will be required.
- Deal with any complaints that are received and escalate these immediately to the relevant manager.
- Assist with statutory testing including fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher, fire blanket and fire detector checks, water temperature monitoring, shower head cleaning and emergency lighting checks.
- Other duties as commensurate with the post.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is in safe working order.
- Report any Health and Safety issues relating to the site ensuring all information is passed to the relevant manager.
- Comply with the requirements of Kaplan residences and stakeholders’ operational procedures and policies including those relating to health and safety.
- Always understand and observe Kaplan’s site rules.
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments.
- Comply with Kaplan Residence’s statutory fire and safety regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work among the workforces.
- Conduct security patrols to ensure building and students are safe.
- University of Liverpool International College is attached thus ensuring this building is locked up and secure.
Student Welfare and Customer Services
- Provide pastoral care to students.
- Be the 1st point of contact to residents.
- Assist with any Front of House responsibilities including Parcel collections.
- Assist the team with any social activity within the building.
- Be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste or loss.
- Be able to work within a set budget.
Marketing & promotion
- Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate.
- Any other duties as required by the General Manager and/ or Deputy Manager.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to student’s needs.
- Have experience in a customer facing environment.
- Have recent experience of working in a maintenance / caretaking role.
- Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation.
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours including provision of out of hours support in an emergency if required.
Essential skills/ experience
- Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally accommodation.
- Be able to work as part of a team, and work on own initiative.
- Budget management.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Candidates will need to be available to work overnight on a shift basis between the hours of 8pm and 8am (up to a maximum of 43 hours per week).
To apply for this job please visit kaplan-international.hirehive.com.