MAX is a team of passionate people and a leading technology-enabled company, driven by a vision to solve the mobility challenges in Africa.
We want to facilitate access to vehicles, financing and other essential services to the more than 15 million underserved drivers across Africa. We are making mobility safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technologies and operators.
MAX is looking to engage smart, innovative and skilled Product Managers as we embark on an aggressive growth-drive.
Product Manager at Max
We’re looking for candidates who will:
● Possess understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
● Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
● Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
● Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
● Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
● Work closely with engineering teams to deliver quick time-to-market and optimal resources
Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
● Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
● Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of the various products
● Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
● Research, define, prioritize, and document product requirements, user stories, and design feature enhancements for existing and new application modules while considering the needs of existing customers, competitive market offerings, and our overall company strategy.
● Take ownership and manage the assigned products through all phases of the product life cycle.
● Drive the process of working with and prioritizes inputs from multiple constituents including customers, professional services consultants, support personnel, sales, and development.
● Document defined requirements, user stories, mock-ups/design on in-house Wiki as the source of detailed requirements for development, Q/A, and documentation.
● Communicate and coordinate with constituents on proposed solutions, status, and the timeline for delivery.
● Deliver internal and external product training on new feature enhancements or modules.
● Participate in speaking engagements or product demonstrations as needed
● Manage the defect resolution process including project management, requirements gathering, testing, and customer communication throughout the release.
● Serve as a product expert, understand the market and user workflow.
● Collaborate with IT staff to deliver solutions to meet end-user and market needs.
● Monitor performance of solutions through metrics including customer satisfaction surveys.
● Identifies enhancements and owns the product backlog.
● Understand market trends and technology advancements; Incorporates knowledge into product plans.
● Conceptualize new products or features for development based on customer awareness and/or research.
● Contribute to the strategic and operational planning for the solutions team
● Maintain vendor relationship management with OTS products to ensure an accurate understanding of the product roadmap and upgrade schedule
You are a good fit if you possess these qualities:
● You have 4+ years of experience in a Product Management role
● Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
● Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
● Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
● Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
● Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrates advanced level proficiency in MS-Office including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS- PowerPoint and MS-Project Server
To apply for this job please click on -> www.max.africa.