Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
At Carbon, we are:
- Passionate: We love what we do and have an ownership mentality.
- Resourceful: We make do with what we have. Not wasteful
- Intelligent: We are forever learning to better ourselves, constantly experiencing & testing to understand the problem space better
- Maverick: We try the unconventional, question widely held assumptions.
- Executor: We get shit done. No excuses
- Data-Driven: Rigorous in using data for decision, experiments to test assumptions and hypothesis
Product Operations Specialist at Carbon
A Products Operations Specialists’ mission is to support the Product team as a representative of the Operations organisation – to ensure that new and current products, features and processes scale efficiently.
- Work closely with Marketing, Engineering, Analytics and Business teams to solve scaling challenges and to coordinate cross-functional initiatives
- Build, improve, and automate dashboards to monitor and improve performance management across multiple partners
- Identify opportunities to automate the product delivery processes and related tasks to help drive consistency and efficiency across product management as a whole
- Use a data-driven approach to improve processes and efficiency (metrics driven)
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn.
In this role, the Product Operations Specialist would be expected to:
- Formulate strategies for new product/feature launches, working closely with different cross-functional teams such as data & analytics, marketing, design, etc.
- Stay on top of the Buy Now, Pay Later market through research & competitor analysis on competitor products and market trends
- Provide market feedback and help the product team to refine product features and ensure smooth user interactions
- Work with product managers and developers of multiple product teams to find solutions and opportunities for process optimisation;
- Coordinate the set up of new products/partners, testing and launching from an operational perspective
Successful applicants in this role would typically have/be:
- At least 3 years experience in FinTech industry and/or eCommerce/internet
- Strong operational background and a track record of making data-driven decisions.
- Familiarity and experience of the software development lifecycle
- A great communicator, straight up, clear and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to
- Enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback
- Proactive and a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers
- You can break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work using such tools as SQL, Python and Excel
- You are curious by nature and interested in making an impact. You can demonstrate this through various projects you have been involved in
Additionally, the following would make you more attractive:
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- You have worked with product teams on projects that drive efficiency and scaling of manual work
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
To apply for this job please click on -> carbon.bamboohr.com.