Website International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Assist with set up and maintenance of experiments to improve banana/plantain propagation in tissue culture laboratory, macropropagator and screenhouse.
- Assist with the production of plantlets for Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) priming experiments.
- Perform routine data collection from laboratory, screen house, and field experiments using appropriate data capturing tools.
- Maintain experimental plants in the laboratory, macro propagators, and screenhouses in optimal condition and ensure the cleanliness of all working areas.
- Supervise casual workers for the implementation of assigned tasks.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor
National Diploma in Agriculture or any other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent oral and writing communication skills in English.
- Have the ability to use basic Microsoft software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Have good experience in data collection.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.