Website Daystar Power
Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent Senior Accountant, who will play a team-lead role in ensuring the timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of financial reporting processes. This includes preparing monthly management accounts, maintaining general ledgers, coordinating month-end/year-end close procedures, and assisting with audit activities.
We are seeking a hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for subsidiary entities and support group consolidation.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the company’s financial performance using relevant KPIs.
- Review and reconcile general ledger entries on the accounting system.
- Maintain detailed fixed asset register and prepare monthly fixed asset summary schedule.
- Work closely with Operations team to ensure all fixed asset and inventory records are complete and accurate.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with corresponding subsidiary entities across the group.
- Support Financial Controller with coordinating month-end/year-end close process.
- Prepare and coordinate tasks for audit activities, including statutory audit and tax audit.
- Review and recommend improvements to accounting systems for optimal efficiency.
- Manage insurance on fixed asset portfolio including claims process.
- Supervise and coach junior accountants.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls accountant.
1. Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines – Accounting or Finance.
- Chartered accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA) is required.
2. Experience: Minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in an audit firm will be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS requirements and accounting principles.
- Proven experience with preparing financial statements and coordinating month-end/year-end close process.
3. Language Proficiency: English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
a. Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
b. Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
c. Passionate leader with excellent team leadership skills.
d. Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
5. Competency and Skills Requirements
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Highly inquisitive mindset with an aptitude for numbers.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently but also work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with accounting systems e.g., QuickBooks, SAP.
6. Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel.
a. Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.