Strategic Partner Manager
Facebook is seeking an experienced Strategic Partner Manager to build and enhance successful relationships with news partners in Sub-Saharan Africa. This person will collaborate with a diverse range of news organizations and journalists across the region to implement strategic partnership plans and programs around Facebook products, tools and services.
The News Partnerships team at Facebook works towards providing impactful solutions to news organizations for reaching new audiences and revenue growth. The team also works to strengthen the links between journalists and the communities they serve, and helps address the main challenges facing the media and journalism sector through skills training initiatives and various programs.
This job requires:
- high levels of creativity and problem-solving abilities, as you will be helping your partners develop innovative social experiences and business solutions on Facebook and Instagram.
- You will represent Facebook at industry events and media interviews, develop external relationships at executive levels and serve as the primary point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
- We are looking for someone who can think strategically, articulate their vision yet also roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- You will have a sophisticated knowledge of the news industry on the continent, its content strategies and business models, and the ability to plan, budget and execute programs that add value to the goals of both Facebook and our media partners. I
- In addition, you will apply your knowledge of Africa’s media and political landscape to work with cross-functional colleagues on addressing challenges faced by Facebook in the news industry.
- This position is based in our Johannesburg or Lagos offices and will involve travel.
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.
Strategic Partner Manager(News – SSA Region) at Facebook