Technical Writer (API Documentation, Waku)
We are enabling Ethereum builders to create new projects with a fully decentralized architecture, think dApp to Wallet notifications, NFT marketplaces, censorship-resistant chat, layer-2 decentralization and more.
From early on, we have released Waku libraries and pushed for developer adoption with a basic set of documentation and materials. Now, that the Waku is maturing, we are looking for a tech writer to improve the quality of existing documentation, consolidate the various library documentation in a centralized and well organized website and finally, write more guides and tutorials to ensure that any developer wishing to use Waku can do so with ease.
- Review and update technical documentation articles. Collaborate with SMEs to consolidate/disperse documentation and guides into a single and unified structure.
- Improve and document the planning, writing, reviewing, and publishing workflows in the documentation process.
- Contributing to the writing style guide and applying the writing rules consistently.
- Bring new and innovative approaches to improve and simplify the Waku documentation process.
You ideally will have:
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Strong command of the English language
- At least 3 years of proven experience writing technical documentation for software products, including API & infrastructure documentation. Writing samples will be requested.
- Proficient use of Markdown, command-line git, and GitHub.
- Ability to depict complex processes in easy-to-read workflows and diagrams.
- Passion for quality and content design. Ability to go beyond writing content by understanding how to structure this content to improve user experience.
- Happy to iterate and collaborate: draft, ask, test, fail, and improve.
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization.
- A strong interest in blockchain technology and Ethereum.
- Strong interest in information design and information architecture.
- Experience working with and implementing static site generators (Docusaurus, Material for MkDocs, etc.)
- Experience using design tools to create workflows and diagrams.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.status.im.