Our product team is looking for a passionate technical writer who can easily write for audiences of varying technical expertise. You will contribute to https://developer.paymentology.com/, our API documentation and open source projects. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining end-user documentation which may include creating conceptual information, step-by-step procedures, API descriptions, and example commands.
You’ll be one of the first to try Paymentology’s new features as you work with our developers and designers to improve the related user experience and API design.
You care deeply about the power of the written word, effective communication, and what makes a great reader experience. You enjoy writing for a global technical audience.
- Own the creation, management, and distribution of all technical documentation – quick start guides, installation guides, user guides
- Own, create and maintain external documentation for all Paymentology products/services on the portals (using Swagger docs for the API Reference)
- Review existing documentation to ensure up-to-date and accurate information
- Look for opportunities to create documents useful to end-users and lead the process to create these documents, working with any internal teams to build the content
- Assist with leading and building the strategy, to develop and maintain consistency in documentation across Paymentology
- You have both a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation that helps customers.
- You are an expert at writing for both technical and non-technical audiences, as you have knowledge of XML and REST protocols, having 2+ years of experience writing API documentation
- Deep familiarity with one or more technical content authoring and content management tools.
- You love to scope and plan technical writing deliverables based on product plans, prototypes, and specification and develop cross-functional rapport and relationships with stakeholders.
- Familiarity with common source control and bug tracking tools (Git, JIRA). You like to create visuals, such as screenshots and videos using screen capture and screen recording tools.
- You are a self-starter, with great attention to detail, strong time-management skills and eager to learn complex systems quickly.
- A passion for research, requirements gathering, planning, SEO writing, editing, proofreading, and devotion to customer success.
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Paymentologists, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
To apply for this job, click on this link--> jobs.paymentology.com.