Float is the world’s leading software for teams to plan their time. And behind it is a world-class team. From New York to the UK, Canada to South Africa—our Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams work asynchronously, helping brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed, and Ogilvy plan and manage their time better. Float is self-funded, profitable, and growing. If you’re a go-getter, align with our values, and are looking to join a team that’s passionate about helping others work and live more productively, we want to hear from you.
Here are a few tips from our CEO to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd.
UI Engineer at Float (Remote)
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a senior level (4+ years direct experience) UI Engineer with proven production experience in developing web applications and marketing sites at scale.
At this stage in your career, you are looking to carve your own path and have a greater impact on a growing team working on an industry-leading product.
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom and Asana to communicate as needed. Don’t worry, you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings (seriously, read here!).
What You’ll Do
This role is responsible for delivering the type of detailed and deliberate interaction design that others reference for inspiration, matching our industry-leading app credentials, and elevating our overall brand. You’ll be working with our Marketing Director and Designers to deliver this work. You’ll work with a solid foundation including an established brand guide, colors, fonts and styles.
Here’s an example of the type of projects you’ll be working on:
- Our marketing site: You’ll elevate how we communicate what we do, including experimenting with animation, to improve engagement and the rate of visitors to start trials.
- New site sections: You’ll pair with our copywriters to develop entirely new sections, including the Float Guide, a destination that helps new teams get set up for success.
- Landing pages: You’ll work with our Senior Product Marketer to devise new landing pages that communicate our value for various industries and use cases.
- In-app interactions: Over time you’ll start to influence how our application feels, from desktop to mobile apps, working with our product team and engineers to identify opportunities to improve user experience.
Performance and SEO are top of mind in your decision-making process. You’ll weigh up the tradeoffs in design vs. performance, and have an eye on PageSpeed Insights when developing solutions. Throughout you’ll be developing interaction systems & processes that help us scale, and increase consistency and continuity across our brand.
Why Join Us
We’re a global company with a diverse team of folks from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life. That includes a flexible asynchronous policy that allows you to work whenever you work best, minimal meetings, annual team meetups, and perks and benefits that support your personal health and well-being.
Our growing range of perks and benefits include:
- Home office expense budget
- Co-working expense budget
- Health & fitness budget
- Annual team meetup
- Care for your community donation or leave
We understand that you probably want to learn a bit more about us as well, so here are some resources to get a sense of who we are and how we work:
The salary for this role is US $140,505. (Level 3). You can find more information on how we get to our salaries here (note, we’re now using a 95% COL).
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Hiring Process For This Role
You’ll find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on the Float careers page. The hiring process for this role looks like this:
- Initial First Meeting: If your application is shortlisted, you will have a 15-minute meeting with Linda from People Ops. This meeting gives us an opportunity to learn more about your experience and also allows you to ask any questions you have about the role.
- 2nd Interview: You’ll meet with members of our Engineering team. Prior to the meeting, you will be sent a short code test to complete. At the interview, you’ll walk through your solution. This is generally a 45-minute interview that will take a deep dive into your skills and experience as well as an opportunity for you to ask any tech stack and other questions you might have.
- 3rd Interview: You’ll meet with the Director of Engineering and CTO for a final interview.
Our hiring process takes an average of 25 days from the first interview to a job offer (based on 2021 data). Linda from People Ops will be in touch each step of the way to ensure that you are well informed and aware of the next step in the process.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for the role. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, we encourage you to apply for another role in the future.
To apply for this job please click on -> apply.workable.com.