The Maastricht University (UM) High Potential Scholarship programme offers 25 full scholarships of € 30,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s programme at UM.
Eligibility: All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time master programme at Maastricht University for the 2023/24 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2023/24 scholarship programme applicants.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International students from a country outside the EU/EEA.
Number of Awardees: 25.
Value of Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarship:
- Living expenses: € 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)
- Health & liability insurance: € 700*
- Visa costs: € 207
- Tuition fees: At cost
- Pre-Academic Training Costs: At cost
Duration of Scholarship:
- 13 months in the case of a one-year master’s programme
- 25 months in the case of a two-year master’s programme
Method of Application:
Step 1: Register for one of the participating master programmes at UM
For further details on how to register for a master programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
Step 2: Please fill in the application form, you need to log in with your UM account
Upload the following documents in .doc, .docx or PDF format, and submit your application. Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date. If you have applied for multiple UM study programmes, the UM International Services Desk will ensure that your complete scholarship application is considered for all eligible programmes for which you have a conditionally approved or approved admissions status.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2023