Job Title: Audit Lead
As an Audit Lead, you will be responsible for leading the planning, delivery and reporting of a programme of risk-based and compliance audits and assurance activity within the Health, Education and Welfare (HEW) businesses to ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with Capita group, legal and regulatory requirements, and client contractual obligations.
This is a key role within the HEW Risk and Assurance team, working with local management to drive improvements in the control environment and reduce risk exposure, and ensure that an appropriate focus is placed on risk and controls.
What you’ll be doing as an Audit Lead
- Leading the planning, delivery and reporting of risk-based and compliance audits and assurance activity
- Planning and coordination of external audit activity (including ISAE 3402 and any appropriate ISO/quality accreditations) and third line Group internal audits
- Producing value-add audit and compliance reporting that assures internal controls, identifies risk and provides expert insight
- Ensuring that all control gaps and opportunities for improvements, as identified in internal or external audits, compliance checks, incidents and complaints as necessary, are logged with root cause assessment undertaken, and action then allocated and tracked to resolution
- Assisting with regular submissions to the Sector Risk & Assurance Committee and supporting other reporting requirements for the sector/division as required
- Providing independent assurance on projects being undertaken across the sector
- Working with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally in the provision of audit and compliance assurance activities and to identify emerging risks and issues
- Working collaboratively with local management and other second line teams, sharing insights and best practice in audit and compliance to drive continuous improvement across HEW
- Coaching, training, and providing guidance to junior members of the team
What we’re looking for in an Audit Lead
- Experience of leading the planning and delivery of risk-based and compliance audits and assurance activity and presenting findings
- Strong knowledge of risk and control principles, with a good understanding of controls’ role, impact, relation to risk, and balance between effectiveness and efficiency
- End to end experience of testing internal controls, identifying weaknesses, and designing and implementing internal controls
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills, with experience of engaging senior stakeholders and the ability to influence outcomes
- Highly developed communication skills in all mediums, with previous report writing experience
- Ability to manage the delivery of a varied workload to high standards
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills, and the ability to understand and digest complex issues at an appropriate level of depth and identify root causes
- Relevant qualifications (or working towards) such as CIA, CRMA are highly advantageous
About Group Risk & Compliance
Our Group Risk and Compliance Function is one of Capita’s central corporate functions and is keeping our business safe for today and tomorrow. Our team is advancing the way we deal with risk and compliance in response to continual business and regulatory changes. We’re working with Capita business units to communicate and advise on regulatory compliance requirements, and helping to prevent issues before they become serious. Join us and discover better as you create a more resilient business for the future.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary up to £45,000 (Dependent on experience)
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- remote role
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- the opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.