Job Title: Developer
What you’ll be doing as a Developer
- Working as part of a dedicated development team implementing new features and functionalities on the Defence Recruiting System (DRS)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Supporting wider transformation activities
- Regular interaction with client and application SMEs
- Liaising with the QA/Testing team to ensure requirements have been met
- Working with experienced developers to develop and review code changes
What we’re looking for in a Developer role.
- Someone who is keen to continue their career in development
- Can do and positive work attitude
- Ability to work as part of a small team or independently.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required (paid)
- Must have the ability to gain UK SC clearance
About Capita RPP
We’re proud to work side-by-side with the Army to attract, source and select officers and soldiers for the British Army (Regular & Reserve) as part of the Recruiting Partnership Project (RPP). RPP is where Capita and the Army unite to look after those who apply to the British Army and guide them on their journey into basic training. We’re also proud to support the medical processes within the recruitment journey for the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy.
Our close-knit team is made up of both Capita and military colleagues in a huge variety of roles – including recruiters, assessors, interviewers, administrators, operations teams and medical staff. Join us and not only will you help Army candidates find where they belong, you’ll help make the Army the best it can be to keep our country protected.
What’s in it for you?
- Offering a salary of £35,000
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Home based role with opportunity to work in our Reading office if desired
- All equipment provided
- You will receive a full career development programme as well as a mentor/buddy
- Joining an existing small supportive team environment
- Excellent bespoke training with the opportunity to gain further qualifications/accreditations/certifications
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.