Website Eden Life Inc
Chef De Partie
About the job
Eden is looking to hire professional Chef De Parties (Production Coordinators) who can delight customers with excellent food preparation, according to Eden’s recipes and specifications.
As a Production Coordinator, you are responsible for daily food preparation (prep & cook) according to the set standard and qualities. Your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Assisting the Production Manager (Head Chef) and Assistant Production Managers (Sous Chef) in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Lead a high-performing workstation during food preparation, and production, to deliver on the Food Production team mission daily.
- General leadership in the kitchen to ensure standards, processes, procedures, and policies are maintained to consistently ensure high team performance.
- Ensure great presentation, confirm quality and quantity of meals before passing to FoH.
- Receive all products according to quality standards, and ensure food items are cleaned and stored properly.
- Follow and enforce strict health and hygiene standards in the preparation of meals.
- Monitoring portion, waste control, and cost management of raw and cooked food items.
- Taking inventory of supplies and supporting effective procurement.
- Oversee the day-to-day tasks, and general learning and growth of Demi-Chef De Partie and Commis assigned to you.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain a smooth and friendly work environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Sous Chef, Head Chef, and Food Producer.
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Certificates a plus
- At least 2 years experience working in the food industry as a Demi Chef de partie or Chef de partie and higher
- Awareness of food handling techniques
- Experience in the use of kitchen equipment
- A proven track of food preparation, presentation, and preservation knowledge.
- Effective communication: understandable level of English spoken and written
- Culinary school diploma/certificate or equivalent is a huge plus
- Previous industrial/professional kitchen or large scale food production experience
- Team management abilities; Management experience is a huge plus
- High attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Customer-focused in approach
- Ability to get the job done, drive to ensure results
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.