Data Analytics Engineer
5x provides companies everything they need to convert data to $$. Our goal is to be the modern-day google analytics for business. In order to add value to a business 2 things are always needed – platform and people and so we are hiring a Data Analytics Engineer to join our team.
5x provides companies with 2 things:
- Best in class data infrastructure around the modern data stack. Instead of spending 6 months and signing multiple enterprise contracts to get started. 5x provides the end-to-end infrastructure as a service. This means companies can get started on Day 1.
- Highly qualified vetted data engineers – This is where you come in. We embed our engineers into our target companies. Given we know what the data stack looks like beforehand we have high-quality training programs and direct slack support from the 5x Internal team so you are always supported.
5x is led by Tarush Aggarwal, who was the first data engineer at Salesforce.com and previously led data for WeWork supporting 15,000 employees using data self-service.
Data engineers are the heart of 5x. We will by numbers in roughly 2 years be one the largest data engineering organizations on the planet. If you are serious about a career in data, no other company will come close to having the number of resources we have around making it to the top.
- Higher salary than local data engineer salaries in most countries.
- Work remotely with a company that values work-life balance.
- A chance to work with data engineers from businesses like Salesforce, Uber, Samsung, WeWork, Alibaba, Twitter.
- Chance of further training with the best data engineering trainers for free. These types of resources are usually only available to engineers working in silicon valley.
- 5x provides a very fast-growing work environment and a great sense of ownership in the projects that a data engineer would work on.
- Work full time for 40hours/week
- Communicate effectively and proactively, with daily stand up check-ins
- Function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Follow instructions given by the 5x platform and implement for the particular client based on the needs.
- 2+ years of experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion
- Experience with SQL database queries/analysis and writing code in python
- Experience in business analysis, statistical analysis, and Machine Learning
- Experience in working with/on data warehouses, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools, environments(Preferably modern data stack i.e Fivetran, Snowflake, DBT, Looker, etc.,)
- Knowledgeable in building insightful dashboards using BI tools like Google Data Studio or Looker etc.,
- Familiar with orchestration tools like Airflow
- Familiar with Data Engineering concepts like ETL/ELT, Streaming & Batch processing
- Familiar with front-end event tracking and instrumentation tools like Heap & Segment
- Excellent communicator who can talk to a customer with the same ease with which you build datasets.
- Getting things done, knowing how to unblock yourself, communicating, and engaging with customers proactively with minimal supervision.
Please only apply if:
- You have 2+ years of experience in similar roles.
- You can commit your time to the interview process.
- You are willing to work full-time 40hours/week remotely. We do not have part-time opportunities
- Fluent in English & a master communicator.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com