We are looking for a Data Engineer to design, develop and maintain data pipelines and models. The salary for this position is €62,000 annually. You can work from anywhere in the world as long as your main location is between UTC-4 and UTC+8:00.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Data Engineer to join our growing team. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining data pipelines and models. You will work closely with the analytics team and business stakeholders to design and develop end-to-end data solutions while balancing business requirements, cost, security, and performance. You will be responsible for producing well-tested and documented data models on top of a data warehouse.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot data pipelines. We use open-source Airbyte, Prefect and dbt on top of BigQuery.
- Ensure quality of data sources by writing tests, debugging data inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and the analytics team to design and develop end-to-end data solutions — while balancing business requirements, cost, security, and performance.
- Participate in code reviews to promote a high standard of work across the team.
- Develop our internal tools, processes, and workflows to help us deliver more efficiently to business stakeholders.
About the team
We are a global team of 130+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally — in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
Wonder if you’ll fit in?
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has 2+ years of experience in data engineering or a similar role, and has set up or run the infrastructure needed to orchestrate data pipelines
- Is proficient in Git or another distributed source control system
- Is proficient in an object-oriented programming language
- Prides themselves on writing performant, easy-to-read SQL
- Has set up or worked with parts of the modern data stack
- Able to extract requirements from even the most complex of business questions. You know how important iterating on analyses is, to stay close to business needs.
- Is knowledgeable about QA and building trust in data.
- Is detail-oriented and has a mature attitude to documentation, security, and process — all of which are important and inform everything we do.
- Worked in a SaaS, product or e-commerce company before.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. You prefer to over- vs under-communicate. You like transparency, openness, and asking questions.
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work—we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on tenure)
- Laptop budget up to 2,500€ and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office and an additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
Before you apply…
Please read the Toggl Careers Privacy Statement to learn more about how we handle your data as a job candidate.
To apply for this job please visit toggl.com.