Director of Customer Support
We have the exciting opportunity to grow our exceptional Service Support Team! Thanks to our continued growth, Appcues is now hiring a Director of Customer Support to lead and develop our phenomenal Support team and work with our customers, processing queries by phone, chat or email.
In this role, you will lead our Support teams and the ongoing technical relationship throughout the lifecycle of our customers. This is a contributing Director role meaning you will be responsible for leadership, strategy, and guidance, as well as rolling up your sleeves and taking tickets, solving issues, and working in the queue.
- Ensure customers receive superior service.
- Manage and oversee all Support queues (Email, Chat, and Phone) for quality, completeness, and timeliness and jump in to solve issues directly with customers.
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and direction to the Support team around goals and objectives that drive long-term growth.
- Managing a team of customer support representatives and support engineers while creating a high performing culture within the team.
- You will be accountable for all performance management and evaluations for your team, through effective coaching and using data as your guide.
- You will contribute to Appcues culture by supporting team or company efforts that promote collaboration, productivity, learning, and inclusivity.
- Dig deep into the technical elements of Appcues and help your team and our customers continuously learn and grow with us.
- Collaborate and work closely with CX management to ensure we are crafting the best possible experience for our customers.
- Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Appcues leaders, including application of succession planning at all levels across all teams.
- You will successfully manage the operational challenges, climate & environment of a virtual team by demonstrating effective leadership and delivering first in class customer and employee experience.
- You will participate and drive the continuous improvement culture through lean projects, identifying and eliminating barriers to productivity and quality.
- You will support the scale and growth of the Service teams by partnering with IT, Training, HR, Quality and Recruitment teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years relevant leadership experience (Director of Support, Senior Manager, etc)
- Competent skill and experience working with software to perform essential functions of the role.
- Remote work experience preferred and a dedicated work area established that is quiet and provides information privacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and client retention.
- Demonstrated ability managing multiple projects and ability to work cross-functionally to proactively resolve and communicate issues.
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Unlimited vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.lever.co.
Director of Customer Support at Appcues