Job Title: DSA Needs Assessor
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) Needs Assessor to join our team.
Capita deliver high-quality Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) Needs Assessments enabling students with disabilities or other health conditions to access the specialist equipment and support they need to fulfil their potential at university or college.
The role involves preparing for and undertaking Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) needs assessment meetings and completing Needs Assessment Reports for students in Higher Education who are in receipt of Disabled Students’ Allowances in accordance with the appropriate regulations, timeframes and guidance.
Two working options are available:
Hybrid – a combination of online and face to face assessing (travel required but Company funded)
Remote – online only
N.B. Travel may be required for both roles for client and internal meetings and when requested as per the Company guidelines.
Capita will supply DSA services in East England, the Midlands, London, Wales, as well as SFE and SFW-funded customers studying in Northern Ireland.
What you’ll be doing:
- Holding a structured meeting with an individual to identify appropriate study and support strategies to facilitate participation in their study activities including, and where appropriate, Non-Medical Helper (NMH) and travel support
- Evaluate the suitability of, and offer advice on appropriate hardware, software, assistive technology and other aids for each individual.
- Produce formal written needs assessment reports in an appropriate format and in accordance with relevant guidance and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Respond to post-assessment queries received from the customer or relevant Funding Body within the required timeframe.
- Conduct a review of a customer’s needs when requested.
We create better outcomes for the business and our candidates by identifying the best, most diverse people who have the skills, values, mindset and potential to help us realise our strategic ambitions.
What we are looking for:
- At least 1 years’ proven experience in a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) Needs Assessor role.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Excellent report writing abilities and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of the DSA funding guidance.
- An in-depth understanding and current knowledge of a range of relevant Assistive Technology (software and hardware) and its role in addressing challenges across a broad range of disabilities, matching the features and benefits of the Assistive Technology hardware and software package recommended, to the needs of the individual.
- Adept at working to strict KPIs and producing work of excellent quality.
- While the role involves independent/lone working we are seeking team players keen to work collaboratively with colleagues to do their best for our customers, with an appreciation that individual performance is critical to the success of the team, reliable and dependable with sound organisational skills.
About Government Services
For more than 30 years Capita has been working across the public and private sectors, solving the complex challenges of our clients, increasing productivity, enhancing their use of technology and data, improving customer and public services and adding value to the UK and local economies.
Capita is committed to the local government sector and is the market leader in the delivery of Planning Resilience Services to Local Authority clients. We have worked with over 100 Local Authority clients nationwide, and have an outstanding track record of providing Development Management & Planning Policy and Consultancy services.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
- You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.