Home based – with some travel (reimbursed)
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
We’ve got an exciting new position for an Employment Paralegal to join our Legal Team, reporting to the Employment Senior Legal Counsel you’ll be responsible for preparing disclosures for tribunals, creating bundles for pre-hearings and substantive hearings. You’ll need to have strong communications skills and be confident at communicating directly to legal teams at tribunals.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the right employment paralegal experience, you’ll have great exposure to multi-sector clients, there’s room for progression within the legal team and you’ll be exposed to a number of cases and commercial contracts.
Capita’s lawyers are hardworking, collaborative, resilient and friendly, and we would welcome applications from like-minded people who are interested in joining the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing disclosure lists and documents, as well as bundles for pre-hearings and substantive hearings. This involves working with hardcopies as well as preparing soft copy bundles that meet the Tribunal’s requirements of bookmarking etc.
- You’ll need to be comfortable working under pressure and be able to make changes to bundles, often required at short notice.
- You’ll be sending correspondence to the Tribunal and the other side.
- Where required you’ll be accompanying counsel to hearings and transport hardcopy bundles to the hearing venue.
- You’ll also be training members of the HR admin team so they can assist in preparing disclosures and bundles.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record of supporting an employment litigation team with the tasks required by the role.
- Familiarity with preparing and providing disclosure lists and bundles in employment litigation matters to the Tribunal and the parties is essential.
- Excellent organisation skills, with attention to detail and a hands-on ‘getting matters done’ attitude.
- Resourceful and proactive, solution-oriented attitude to resolving issues including at short notice.
- Excellent project management and prioritisation skills.
- A willingness to occasionally travel to employment tribunals within the UK
About Group Legal
Our Group Legal Function is one of Capita’s central corporate functions and is sharing legal knowledge to create a more productive and successful business going forward. Our team is working with the Board and our divisions to provide legal and regulatory advice and assistance. We’re building a framework for managing legal risk for both today and tomorrow to ensure we can continue to adapt to changing technologies and ways of working. Join us and discover better as you shape the future of legal assistance.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 23 days’ holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- the opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.