Website Pop of Culture
About the job
ABOUT POP OF CULTURE
Pop of Culture is a community that supports and celebrates Black entrepreneurs and creatives through multi-city events, networking, and marketing. We organize popups, artist showcases, networking events, and more! Our vision is to uplift and strengthen small brands, provide unique and memorable experiences, and create a global community of Black entrepreneurs and creatives that fosters collaboration, growth, and prosperity.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an Event Producer who knows how to plan and execute events in the entertainment and lifestyle industries. For this role, you need to be someone who enjoys building from scratch, coming up with fun and creative ideas, is well-organized and detail oriented, has an entrepreneurial spirit and knows how to EXECUTE! Pop of Culture is still a small and growing community with access to limited resources, therefore, we’re also looking for someone who knows how to think outside the box and be resourceful. This role is not for those who are looking for a full-time job or a job to fund their lifestyle. Rather, this job is for someone who has a deep interest in putting on events, building community, working with entrepreneurs and creatives, and helping POC grow in Abuja.
- Help plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with new, creative ideas and implement them to enhance the events success
- Source and negotiate with venues
- Source and contact brands and individuals to participate
- Be in charge of hiring personnel (DJs, photographers, décor etc.)
- Source and contact potential sponsors/partners
- Foster relationships and partnerships in the Abuja community
- Suggest and execute marketing activities for the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Any other related tasks
- Lives in Abuja
- Experience with event planning/production or project management is required
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong and effective communication and negotiation skills
- Reliable internet connection and computer savvy; proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- A fast learner
- A knack for creative problem-solving
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong leadership skills
- A self-starter and outgoing
- Highly resourceful and CREATIVE!
- Highly PROACTIVE!
**It is a bonus if you are familiar with Asana AND if you have connections/networks within the event, entertainment, music, and art scenes in ABUJA**
Working with Pop of Culture is a rewarding and fun experience, as you’ll work closely with Black entrepreneurs and creatives from various communities.
You’ll play a direct role in growing us to be the leading Black-owned brand creating amazing shopping, networking, lifestyle, and business events around the world.
As a team member, you’ll receive:
-Hands on, real-life experience with planning different types of events
-Free travel and accommodation (for any event you have to attend out of town)
-Free POC merchandise
-Food, accommodation, and travel stipends/reimbursement for events worked (when necessary)
This position PAYS PER EVENT. This means that payment is not permitted until an event has been completed. If this does, not work for you, please don’t apply because it is non-negotiable at this time (we are still a small business). The pay is percentage based and is at 10-20% of profits (depending on the type of event).
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.