Job Title: NOC/SD 1st line Analyst
Monitoring and maintaining network systems and applications to ensure overall system availability and performance. Responding to monitoring alerts, performing troubleshooting to resolve network incidents, and escalating complex issues to the back-end engineering team. Communicating with customers, engineers and other technical support teams to prevent any potential network incident risks. Generating technical reports on the status of network operations including the networks state, incidents numbers and resolutions.
The successful candidate will be a member of a Team responsible for efficiently and effectively resolving networking incidents and problems, maintaining client satisfaction whilst complying with Capita Network Services policies, procedures, and best practices. You will be working alongside both Network Engineering and Service Delivery Teams to deliver best in class service across a critical client base.
Required Skills/ Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven NOC experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and adhering to strict SLA’s
- Cisco CCNA qualification (or working towards) – Desirable
- A keen interest and ambition for a career in Technology
- Be the first point of escalation for customer generated calls
- Log faults and service requests on our Remedy system, carry out initial diagnostics and look to resolve 95+% of all faults and requests.
- Work within strict SLA’s to provide our customers with a timely resolution.
- Ensure all support requests are up to date and in hand at the end of each shift, handing over any outstanding issues to shift staff.
- Ensure the customer is kept informed of the progress of the fault and the system is kept updated regularly
- Configure and troubleshoot faults on our Switches, routers, Dslams and modems (Cisco and Adtran)
- Log and manage circuit faults (ADSL, SDSL, Ethernet, NGA, MPF, SMPF) on our third-party suppliers’ systems.
- Liaise with 3rd party engineers/SMCs on the phone to work towards fault resolution
- Provide support and carry out remote configurations and link checks for our field engineers
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a 5000 people strong global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita’s colleagues, businesses and clients.
We design, build and run the right technical competencies and partnerships to enable Capita to deliver seamless public and customer services – from working collaboratively with Capita’s businesses to shape the right technology and software solutions to take to market, to ensuring colleagues have access to resilient, predictable IT services and support, that enables them to work effectively and securely.
TSS is right at the heart of Capita, as we work to create a technology-led organisation. You’ll be part of a Capita-wide network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.