Website DICK’S Sporting Goods
Welcome to Product Management at DICK’S Sporting Goods, where we specialize in delivering retail excellence along every aspect of the customer journey.
Our mission focuses on crafting intuitive, easy-to-use products that span across our business. We are looking for a new team member who can bring product-market viability ideas that inspire, innovate and deliver elevated experiences for our customers and products.
Millions of Athletes come to Dick’s Sporting Goods every day, exploring, finding and discovering new training and gear that will inspire them and help them achieve their goals on the field, trail, court, studio and anywhere they pursue their passions.
As a Product Manager II of the eCommerce Search & Discovery team, you will help to drive the overall strategy, prioritization, and execution of a more thoughtful and engaging experience for searching, finding and learning about the products Athletes seek. From the journey of Athletes, with varying experience-levels and preferences, and our breadth of categories and sports we serve, the eCommerce product experience is where Dick’s Sporting Goods can bring trusted expertise and inspired storytelling to life online.
In this highly visible role, you will work with team members within the Search & Discovery group, as well as other teams representing the complete eCommerce journey online and in app. Additionally, you will partner with teams from our Marketing and Loyalty domains within DSG Tech, not to mention close collaboration with partners leading Personalization and our eCommerce business.
A successful candidate will demonstrate understanding of eCommerce capabilities and experiences, be a self-starter, with deep experience delivering end-to-end technology products, and experience managing a diverse and engaged stakeholder group. If this sounds like you, your next role may be at DSG Tech, delivering technology and experiences as a trusted outfitter for Athletes on any journey.
As a Product Manager II, you will work closely with other product managers, product designers and software engineers to deliver products and services that align to strategic priorities as well as achieve product-market fit. You will be an active participant in the organization and deliver high-quality products through the following:
You will define a roadmap for your product in collaboration with your technology peers and stakeholders within a modern development environment. Your roadmap will be based in outcomes, establishing a “voice of the product” that empathizes with your customers’ and stakeholders’ needs.
You will establish metrics and measurements for your product domain to report on value delivered. Using lagging and leading indicators’ performance to inform product iterations and prioritization within the roadmap.
Testing and Research
Lean experimentation is a core value within a product team. You will aid in the formulation of hypotheses to coordinate A/B tests, prototypes or research, continually refining the product until the desired outcome is achieved.
Part of the job is to manage the backlog. You will create effective user stories as well as lead backlog prioritization and management; performing testing of product features with engineers to ensure acceptance criteria is met, capture bugs and work towards defect resolution.
Working as a team is essential for success! You will actively participate in stand ups, planning sessions, demos and retrospectives with your team on a weekly basis.
This is a fully remote position.
This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy – How you understand and plan within a product team that solves customer problems and drives market impact
Form Strategy & Prioritize Work
- Builds the roadmap, collaboratively, based on outcomes
- Prioritizes product features and capabilities into a product roadmap aligned to outcomes
- Uses decision support tools to weigh the competing factors and objectives for a product(s)
- Effectively explains ‘why’ work was prioritized
- Understands and can lead discovery exercises
- Uses data to identify customer pain points and prioritizes problems for the best business outcomes
- Reviews customer feedback mechanisms to identify trends and patterns
- Conducts market research and gathers data to identify Product ROI
- Identify the right problems and works with Group Product Manager to prioritize the problems for the best business outcomes
Form & Track KPIs/Metrics
- Gathers data and conducts research to identify Product ROI
- Measures adoption, usage data and business impact of launches to prove ROI
- Builds product objectives and goals in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Uses evidence-based influencing skills
Execution – How you support and provide oversight to the design and delivery of solutions to our customers
Enlist & Enable Stakeholders
- Conducts stakeholder identification workshops and creates stakeholder map by product
- Creates and communicates standard stakeholder touchpoints to maintain alignment
- Proactively identifies dependencies and mitigates risky assumptions
- Identifies and communicates risks associated with shipping features
- Builds the release plan (who, what and when) including feature prioritization
- Collaboratively builds the User Story map and corresponding user stories
- Writes and refines user stories to articulate work to be done by software engineering that support outcome delivery
- Works closely with software engineering to ensure delivery of products map to customer experience and business requirements within needed timelines
- Performs validation for production releases, bug fixes and feature requests
- Troubleshoots defects, participates in root cause analysis & finds solutions for resolution
- Creates and presents reports on findings, defects, improvements, statuses and risk management
- Collaborates with third party vendors on day-to-day activities to ensure successful product experiences
- Leads sprint planning or iteration planning meetings
- Runs experimental, beta and pilot programs with early-stage products
- Participates in Agile ceremonies, including planning, grooming, demos and retrospectives
- Acts as a trusted advisor and operations teammate within your product domain
- An intermediate understanding of Product Management
- Understanding of product lifecycle
- Knowledge of human-centered design principles
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Ability to balance business objectives and customer needs
- Demonstrated success defining & launching successful products
- A customer-centric view into developing great product experiences and the ability to advocate on a customer’s behalf
- A foundational understanding of Scrum and Agile
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong deductive reasoning skills
- A curious attitude and desire to learn
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build relationship with various peer groups
- Experience working with third party vendors
Targeted Pay Range: $83,000 – $138,200. This is part of a competitive total rewards package that could include other components such as: incentive, equity and benefits. Individual pay is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay regularly to ensure competitive and equitable pay.
To apply for this job please visit www.dickssportinggoods.jobs.