Job Title: Safety and Loss Control Supervisor
Provides overall coordination and management of loss control and security Staff at the assigned Warehouse. He/she is in charge of ensuring effective Loss Control Management systems and reporting at the branch and ensure optimization of all security inputs.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Effective shift management and supervision of all loss control & security staff in the store.
- Proactive approach towards loss minimization.
- Timely capturing and submission of branch loss control comprehensive reports.
- Propper implementation of company standard operating procedures especially security-related.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all loss control and security staff in the assigned warehouse to ensure the company rules, policies and standard operating procedures are always followed by everyone.
- Identify hazards and security risks in the warehouse and raise them to management for necessary action.
- Train your team and always keep it motivated and focused on attaining set goals and beyond.
- Conduct third-party vehicle inspections on weekly basis and maintain records for the same.
- Reconcile all TRQs as will be shared from HQ against branch records and submit report on any matters arising on daily basis.
- Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Investigate known or suspected internal & external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes within the assigned branch.
- Testify in civil or criminal court proceedings when called upon by management.
- Conduct store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies e.g. alarm system, perimeter walls, store arrangements, CCTV etc.
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages/stock-outs to the warehouse management team for necessary action.
- Maintain documentation or reports on loss prevention-related incidents.
- Perform covert surveillance and of areas susceptible to loss, such as receiving areas, Dispatch areas, stock room, refuelling areas, and driver delivery points.
- Prepare and submit written reports on loss control investigations as they arise.
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms or locks and shutters.
- Conduct third checks on stocks being delivered by suppliers to detect or deter any form of collusion to under-receive.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Form, chair and maintain a fire and safety team in the warehouse
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information for the company
- Report all unethical behaviour in the warehouse to the company top management.
- A Diploma in security or criminology or any other related course
- Computer Literacy is mandatory.
- 2 years experience in loss prevention or security industry
- FMCG Distribution outlet set up that involves a lot of goods and vehicle movement. Data and all dispatch documents are displayed and maintained on a digital platform thus this heavily requires conversance with IT.
Skills & Competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills
- Detail-oriented, preventative outlook and vigilant
- Good physical condition, as this position may require a lot of walking and standing
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Observational and Analytical skills
- Interrogative skills
- Understanding safety processes and procedures
- Ability to respond well to emergency situations
- Good character beyond reproach, high integrity and a clean criminal record
- Can Work under minimal supervision
- Objective mind and result oriented
- Must be physically fit.
- Must Uphold proper personal grooming
About the Company:
At Kyosk.App we take immense pride in our role as a Business to Business Technology Platform. We are dedicated to bridging the gap in digital distribution to middle and low-income communities, including smallholder farmers. Our platform is truly product and service agnostic, empowering companies to connect with these communities through local retail outlets.
Today, we are thrilled to share that we serve a thriving community of over 250,000 Retailers on our Platform. We leverage the small retail outlets as a channel to connect with these communities by providing a seamless and direct link between suppliers, traditional retailers as well as farmers and local eateries. Across Africa over 60% of retail trade flows through these small outlets commonly referred to as kiosks. We are on a mission to provide them with an extensive range of high-quality products, all delivered reliably to their doorsteps at fair market prices.
We also help manufacturers and farmers expand their network and product range by providing last mile deliveries to hard-to reach communities as well as data for better demand and business planning.
The platform does not only support product distribution but also helps service providers such as financial institutions to reach and provide their services (for example credit, savings and insurance) to the communities via our network of small retail outlet – Kiosks. Kyosk is present in over 40 territories across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Nigeria.
Looking forward to you reaching out if you are interested in being considered to be a part of Kyosk.App’s success story.
To apply for this job please visit kyosk.hire.trakstar.com.