Website Big Cabal
Senior Sales Manager
Big Cabal Media tells the African stories that matter to Africans (on and off the continent) and to global audiences. Riding a wave of global distribution platforms seeking new stories and high-quality local content, and audiences that are consuming ever more content, Big Cabal is building the most exciting new media company to tell those stories.
This role will report to the Head of Strategic Partnerships and Business Development.t. As a Senior Sales Manager at BCM, your primary responsibility will be to develop, manage and grow high level revenue streams from a wide range of products and platforms. BCM offers brands a wide range of advertising, partnership and sponsorship opportunities, and it will be essential for a Senior Sales Manager to understand those offerings well and be able to decide the right solutions to fit each client’s needs.
This is a high-performing job requiring persistent and persuasive interaction with clients, the ability to open new doors, close big deals and proven sales skills. The ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to manage and deliver on projects is essential. You will be focused on Africa sales, beyond Nigeria – selling a wide range of big and complex projects . This role will be supported by able sales team members and a Project Manager .
As a growing and dynamic company, the role will be multi-faceted. In addition to closing deals, you will oversee delivery and ensure clients receive reports. In this senior outward-facing role, you may be involved in partnership conversations, helping to grow our brand value and always supporting opportunities to drive commercial value. You should be able to complete tasks with little supervision but you must be a team player.
The right person for this role will have:
- Proven experience closing high-value commercial deals
- A strong media and marketing background with deep brand, digital, social and content marketing expertise
- Strong relationships with decision-makers at agencies, corporations, foundations and more across Africa.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and bring them along on project deliverables
- A desire to work in a rapidly-growing and evolving start-up with an informal but driven culture
- Strong internal drive and the ability to motivate other Junior Sales team members
- Great project management and delivery skills
- Great relationship building and maintenance skills
What you will do
- Building a thorough understanding of our media platforms and solutions, and the ways in which they can be used to solve brand and business challenges for our clients
- Building and presenting compelling proposals that solve client objectives through content-based solutions and visual storytelling
- Ensuring timely and accurate reports that allow our client partners to shine and leading to repeat business opportunities
Working at Big Cabal Media
You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun.
We’re a very digital company, working via Slack, Google Docs and cloud-based solutions where possible. We currently have a hybrid-remote setup, with most of the team doing two days in the office each week and working remotely the rest of the time. We typically try to arrange work between 9am and 6pm WAT and encourage you to have a good work-life balance, but we don’t have a stick up our butt about hours. What we do have a stick up our butt about is quality and results. Our people get things done fast and well.
While collaborative work will be the norm and is the requirement, people who want to work at BCM must also demonstrate initiative and the ability to work without creating more work for their line manager.
Compensation and perks
- Industry competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- Statutory pension contribution
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to cool events and travel
To apply for this job please click on -> airtable.com.