Website Afropolitan Group
Social Media Content Creator
Afropolitan Group (Afropolitan) is a Community As A Service Company (CAAS) headquartered in San Francisco, California. Afropolitan was founded because of the lack of opportunities, resources and unique experiences available for members of the African Diaspora community. This is why we’ve zeroed in on curating a seamless experience in Travel, Events, and Media. Through these experiences, we are building the future of a progressive community, which is global and decentralized. So who is the Afropolitan? The Afropolitan is the creative, professional, multicultural and socially-conscious individual.
This role will be a part of the Digital Marketing team, and reports directly to the Digital Marketing Lead. The Digital Marketing Team is responsible for providing strategic solutions and execution based on the latest consumer trends, modern methodologies, and performance metrics. This role is ideal for someone with Content Creation and Communications experience. An expertise in Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok is a must. The role reports directly to the Digital Marketing Lead.
This role will be a contractual full-time role for 3 months, with possible extension for full-time employment based on performance.
- Understand the brand vision and craft unique storytelling experiences
- Creating content, including text posts, blog writing, video, and images for use on social media
- Direct and edit compelling content for all social media platforms to build brand awareness, drive engagement, and increase followership
- Create and edit all written and visual content for video publishing
- Research competitive landscape to identify seasonal trends, strategic initiatives, best practices, and innovative content opportunities
- Develop, prioritize, and pitch creative content ideas to Marketing Lead that align with editorial objectives and prioritize storytelling
- Assist with the design of promotional materials
- Developing new social media strategies and campaigns
- Follow style guidelines and best practices for structured content
Qualifications/Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise)
- Minimum 3-year experience at a digital media outlet, publication, agency, or other relevant content-producing experience
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative across platforms
- Proficiency in Canva and other photo- and video-related softwares (Adobe Creative Suite is a plus)
- Ability to write and edit descriptions and on-screen captions for video content
- Experience writing blog posts and newsletters
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Native or Fluent English language is a MUST
To apply for this job please click on -> www.linkedin.com.