Weekend Community Manager
As the cryptocurrency media platform with the most extensive reach in the industry, our community of millions is one of our biggest strengths.
We’re looking for someone to engage with that creative, inspired, tech-savvy, financially literate, fiercely independent, always curious community. Someone who understands crypto and the blockchain space deeply, and who appreciates that an audience as diverse as ours cannot be met with a one-size-fits-all approach.
You will be primarily responsible for overseeing and engaging with our Discord and Telegram communities for clients within CT Studio, a digital marketing agency division of Cointelegraph. We work with a wide range of clients in the crypto space, including crypto exchanges, NFT platforms, DeFi protocols, crypto tokens, and more. Well-rounded knowledge of all spaces is preferred.
As community manager, part of your role will be engaging users, drumming up conversations, relaying campaign details, updating users with new features, and creating connections with our expanding investor community.
You will also be tasked with engaging with our clients over email, fielding questions and concerns, and resolving customer service matters outside of the Discord space.
As well as a keen fundamental understanding of the social landscape, you’ll be excited by the emergence of non-traditional networks, and eager to learn about the developing decentralized digital media space.
This is a key role that requires exemplary written communication skills, fanatical devotion to detail, and the ability to rapidly digest unfamiliar information or topics.
Although we are entirely decentralized, this role will involve working on U.S. Eastern Time.
- Help facilitate campaigns/hype up the community via community engagement on social media
- Assist with community building and community outreach efforts
- Heavy emphasis on customer service to the client’s communities
- Have a thorough understanding and be able to do in-depth research of each particular client that we partner with (ie. DeFi projects, interoperability blockchain clients, NFT platforms, crypto exchanges, and/or hardware wallet/blockchain security companies)
- Engaging users in our client’s Discord and Telegram groups as well as fielding questions they have. Resolve any issues that arise, whether relating to questions about the product, technical issues, or customer support.
- Responding and resolving all customer support issues in a quick and timely manner. This may be via email, Discord, or Twitter DMs.
- Maintain and develop a keen understanding of the industry, its history, the current news, and benchmark against other companies in the sector
- Respond to questions in a clear, concise, and engaging voice.
- Help build a community of enthusiastic and intrepid crypto investors.
- At least two years experience of online chat room moderation preferred, whether in a professional or personal capacity.
- At least two years of customer service experience preferred, ideally in an online capacity.
- Prior experience within the crypto/blockchain industry is required, whether in a professional or personal capacity.
- Possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and superb English skills.
- Excellent editing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work independently for stretches of time, and able to set and meet deadlines
- Comfort quickly switching gears and focus, moving from answering questions to digging through reports throughout the day.
Please email email@example.com with your cover letter in the body of the email, along with a link to your online resume or LinkedIn profile. We will not open attachments.
Ideally, you will also include links to previous work of which you are particularly proud, together with a summary of how your creative talents boosted engagement and results.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org