The DAAD In-Country/In-Region programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The target group for DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Sub-Saharan African Countries
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: Numerous
Value of Award: Generally:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
Duration of Award: DAAD In-Country/In-Region Funding is provided for the usual duration of a course – generally, up to two years for Masters and up to three years for the PhD degree programme.
Method of Application:
- In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes Western Africa
- In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programmes Southern Africa
- In-Country/ In-Region Scholarship Programmes Eastern Africa
Application Deadline: 9th December 2022