Animator and Video Editor
Carry1st is the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa. We work with studios across the globe – from Addis Ababa to Sofia to New York City – to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition to our full-stack publishing service, we’ve built a proprietary payments and ecommerce experience which allows customers to pay for digital content, even when they don’t have a credit card.
We are looking for a talented Animator and Video Editor to develop awe-inducing videos with 2D /3D and other techniques. You’ll work across our portfolio of games, giving life to storylines and characters in our video ads. In close collaboration with our Lead Animator, LiveOps Manager, Creative Marketing and Game team, you will turn concepts into impressive computer-generated animations that reach millions of users across the globe.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Translating animation requirements into presentations and engaging videos
- Supporting initial stages of production through raw designs and storyboards
- Manipulating and editing video footage to tell a cohesive story
- Consulting with stakeholders from production through to post-production
- Continuously discovering and implementing new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
What makes you a great candidate?
- Proven work experience as an Animator and Video editor
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Experience working in 2D/3D, stop motion and computer-generated animation
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Proficient in CGI software (Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya etc.)
- Bonus: experience working in Free2Play mobile gaming industry
What will we offer you?
- The ability to work on global campaigns, where your work will be seen by millions of people across the world
- The opportunity to work in a fast moving, dynamic industry in a frontier market
- Equity ownership
Some additional perks you’ll get access to…
- Co-working excursions and retreats: Teams are encouraged to work from a shared location and visit each other. Carry1st will cover travel expenses, accommodation, and provide you with a daily spending allowance
- Company Equipment Perk: To help set our teammates up for success we make sure you’ve got everything you need to work from home
- Remote working allowance: An additional $600 a year that you can put towards creating your own office space, whether it’s internet expenses, ad-hoc equipment, or putting it towards a co-working space. We don’t mind!
- Birthday Leave: No one should have to work on their birthday! Our teammates can enjoy a paid day off on their special day
- Learning and Development: To encourage continuous improvement, we have a Professional Development Fund to enable teammates to attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.