Job Title: Building Control Surveyor
We are constantly looking for that next step towards the future, to ensure we are always prioritising innovative technology and increasing domain knowledge to improve our services. But, behind it all is an extraordinary team of passionate, talented individuals who we aim to empower to make the important contributions that enables our success. In your role you’ll be at the heart of this, all while shaping communities and having a real impact on peoples’ lives. If you can bring a sense of ambition, we will always provide you with flexible options, training, and learning, & development programmes so you can continue to grow and succeed with Capita. Together, we can change the future of building control.
What you’ll be doing:
- delivering all building control functions and services, including pre-application meetings, plan checking, site inspections and visits of various nature for our resilience customers
- making decisions on building works, a range of applications, notices, and other matters, controlled under the Building Act 1984, the Building Regulations 2010 and imminently new Building Safety Regime
- be involved in a range of interesting and challenging projects and the opportunity to work on the safety at sports grounds function.
- upselling our building control services and other specialist services, involving Fire Safety, Structural Engineering and Energy services among others
- liaising with other partner agencies and authorities, as required in the process of carrying out your duties and responsibilities
What we’re looking for:
- experience in building control inspection, general building surveying, design, project management or other similar specialist services, ideally within a local government authority or building control body
- knowledge of current building control legislation, associated guidance and issues relevant to the post and be a practical problem solver
- experience of administering all forms and levels of building regulation applications
- knowledge and understanding of operating building control software systems
- ability to undertake all duties in accordance with the building control quality management system and building control performance standards policy adopted
- good IT skills, including Microsoft Office
About Capita Local Public Services
At Capita Local Public Services, we’re transforming the way local government authorities and councils serve the public. We’re using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering thousands of service calls every day and are making significant differences to communities and areas in the process making them safer and improving amenity.
What’s in it for you?
- a competitive basic salary (£30k+)
- Competitive annual leave with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- payment of one professional membership relevant to the post
- the opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- flexible working options available – just ask
You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.