We are looking for a collections officer to assist with the collection of outstanding overdrafts. The collections officer will contact clients and inform them of their overdrafts, negotiate payment plans, and ensure payments are made as soon as possible.To ensure success as a collections officer, you should have excellent communication, negotiation, and mathematical skills, as well as attention to detail. A skilled Collections Officer should be able to reduce company losses by encouraging customers to pay their overdue bills.
- Reviewing the company debtor list.
- Contacting customers and informing them of their overdue bills.
- Advising customers on their payment options and suggesting methods of payments.
- Negotiating suitable payment plans.
- Maintaining customer payment records.
- Preparing customer financial statements for banks and the state credit department.
- Writing final notice warnings to customers when payments are not being made.
- Instituting legal action when customers fail to pay their debt.
- Responding to customer queries.
- Contacting lawyers and insurance agencies to facilitate payments.
Collections Officer Requirements:
- BSC,HND or an ND holder in accounting, business management, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a Collections Officer.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with state debt collection laws.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of office and accounting software.
- Patience and resilience.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.