Becoming a Liaison Officer with Capita EMS and help us deliver better outcomes for a safer society across England & Wales.
As a Liaison Officer you will be the interface between Electronic Monitoring Service (EMS) and the Criminal Justice Sector. The role will involve supporting Criminal Justice Agencies who use Electronic Monitoring (EM). You will help to educate Stakeholders and raise awareness of the benefits of EM. You will also help to resolve any concerns our Stakeholders may have with the use of Electronic Monitoring.
The role may include the provision of witness statements and attendance at trials to support enforcement proceedings.
This is a Home-Based role with required travel towards the North East region covering Yorkshire and Humberside areas.
If you applying for this role, you need to be living in the North East of England or one of the following regions: Yorkshire, Leeds, Newcastle, Hull, The Humber.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the liaison between Stakeholders and the EMS Operational teams
- Provide regular updates to operational colleagues on Stakeholders concerns and vice versa
- Promote integrated relationships and support mechanisms between EMS and Stakeholders
- Attend Stakeholder meetings required by the role, such as MAPPA, PLC, HMCTS Liaison Meetings, and 121 / Team Management Meetings
- Work with Stakeholders to overcome operational concerns and improve processes
- Provide support with EM contested cases by preparing Section 9 (S9) witness statements and attending court to give evidence
- Deal with EARs and provide S9 witness statements to assist with criminal proceedings
- Organise workshops and meetings with Stakeholders to raise EM awareness, monitoring equipment demonstrations and briefings
- Work closely with CSC Operations to deal with challenges and resolve concerns
- Promote sharing of Subject risk information between Stakeholders and EMS
- Maintain a CRM system that will provide accurate activity planning and records of meetings held and next steps to be taken.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working within a Stakeholder environment and managing relationships
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Microsoft Office knowledge – PowerPoint and Excel.
- A degree or relevant professional experience in the criminal justice sector
At the Electronic Monitoring Service (EMS), we’re keeping the public safe. We’re providing the Ministry of Justice with electronic monitoring services (including ‘tagging’) across England and Wales. Our technology is deterring individuals from breaking their curfews and places a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation. Join us and discover better as you pave the way for a safer society. Find out more here.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- Company car
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.