Turing is searching for an experienced Strategic Operations Lead to join our Operations team. The StratOps lead role at Turing is a high impact role that focuses on few of the most critical 3-5 initiatives. The StratOps lead will be directly responsible for driving one (or at most two) such initiatives end to end i.e., from concept to strategy to execution to scale up.
This is a role ideal for a high caliber individual who possesses a strong mix of operational and management consulting experience. The role involves significant cross functional leadership & coordination to drive an initiative and move metrics – working closely with a diverse set of functions such as GTM, product, engineering, data science, and finance. It is an ideal role for a leader who is keen to work on high impact company-wide initiatives with a “general manager” mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Driving and owning one (or at most two) critical initiatives end to end i.e., from concept to strategy to execution to scale up.
- Defining the strategy for the initiative, potential impact, success metrics and go/no go.
- Be a key strategic thought partner to the Head of Fulfillment, Head of R&D, and other senior leaders.
- Defining execution plans with key milestones and success metrics – including MVPs and scaleups – with close cross functional coordination.
- Engage with GTM, Engineering, Data Science, and Operations stakeholders to align project objectives, secure necessary resources, and drive project success.
- Be responsible for the outcomes of the initiatives.
- Representative projects include – optimizing developer rates across our platform, improving relevance of ML-based recommendations, and optimizing operational processes to enhance efficiency.
We’re excited if you are:
- Strong problem-solver – capable of operating in ambiguity, creating structure, handling various aspects of project management and operational challenges.
- Action oriented – Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems, build scalable processes with a strong bias for action.
- Analytically robust – and can leverage data to drive insights and decision-making but also balancing out analysis paralysis v/s outcomes.
- Strong communicator – Strong stakeholder management skills are one of your key strengths, enabling you to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship builder – proven ability to work with multiple groups and disciplines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a high growth, constantly changing environment.
Education and experience (preferred):
- 1-3 years at a top management consulting firm.
- 1-3 years of operating experience at a high-growth startup (specifically in operations or strategy and operations role).
- Experience in planning, leading & driving end-to-end initiatives.
- Experience working with one of more of the following functions – Product, Engineering, Analytics / Data Science, or Operations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (in business administration, engineering, finance, or economics related fields).
Please send over your resume to us, with a short blurb about what excites you about the role.
Advantages of joining Turing:
- Amazing work culture (Super collaborative & supportive work environment; 5 days a week)
- Awesome colleagues (Surround yourself with top talent from Meta, Google, LinkedIn etc. as well as people with deep startup experience)
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Full-time remote opportunity
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Turing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. At Turing we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and celebrate authenticity, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For applicants from the European Union, please review Turing’s GDPR notice here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.turing.com.