Hi there! I’mChris, the founder of Stack Shift. We’re excited by the rise of distributed work and are developing cohort-based programs that help tech talent expand their networks and explore high-impact jobs at fast-growing firms.
We’re looking for a Program Associate to help us build our network of mentors and hiring partners. This role entails a mix of business development and operations.
- Location: Hybrid (Remote-first with occasional in-person in Lagos)
- Pay: Above Market
- Commitment: Full-time
About Stack Shift
We’re excited by the shift to remote work because it’s enabling a global redistribution of opportunity. Jobs are becoming decoupled from geography, expanding economic opportunities for millions.
Yet high-quality distributed work can be difficult to find. It can also be hard for remote talent to find peers and mentors invested in their success. This is what we’re focused on at Stack Shift.
Our mission is to advance the spread of distributed work. We do this by running cohort-based programs that help experienced tech talent in Nigeria expand their networks and explore high-impact jobs at fast-growing firms.
As a Program Associate, you’ll wear multiple hats and work across business development, operations, and community management. Your responsibilities will include things like:
- Research and outreach to high-growth firms hiring distributed talent, inviting them to participate in our programs.
- Planning and facilitating events such as career navigation workshops or reverse demo days (where companies pitch talent on joining their company, instead of the other way around)
- Managing our external mentor network and creating connections between program participants.
As an early-stage startup, projects and priorities are likely to shift. We’re looking for generalists excited by our mission who are open to taking on new challenges as we learn and grow.
Who you are
We’re open to a wide range of backgrounds and are optimizing for mission alignment and aptitude, not previous experience. That said, we’d be especially excited to speak with candidates who have done business development, community building, or event facilitation. We’re looking for someone who is:
- Organized – Since you’ll be communicating with leadership teams at global companies, you’ll need high attention to detail. You should be comfortable in Google Sheets or Airtable and have used a CRM.
- Outgoing – You can facilitate online events and be an external face of the organization. You have great interpersonal skills and enjoy building relationships.
- Self-directed – You value autonomy and freedom at work. You can translate high-level goals into an actionable plan and execute with minimal oversight.
- Prosocial – You believe in paying it forward and are passionate about creating communities where people think first about how they can give rather than take.
What you’ll get
- Remote work flexibility. We operate mostly remote and have a hybrid work culture. We have space to work out of in Lekki Phase 1.
- The opportunity to greatly improve the incomes of tech talent in Nigeria as you help them navigate career change and find high-impact jobs.
- An amazing network. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with the leaders of global tech startups along with top technical talent.
- This role will position you for future roles in venture capital, program management, business development, or operations management.
- An above-market salary, stock options, data reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, healthcare, and a new laptop.
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.