WordPress Support Tech (Part-time, Remote) at Affilimate
You’ll help customers who use Affilimate‘s affiliate analytics platform.
You’ll answer pre-signup questions from prospective customers, and then support them in configuring their (usually WordPress) websites and account correctly during onboarding.
You’ll answer ongoing product-related questions and help us improve our support processes, documentation, and user experience.
In the process, you’ll also become an expert in affiliate analytics and tracking.
Typical tasks will include:
- Help onboard new publishers (customers)
- Troubleshoot WordPress plugin issues relating to caching and performance, sitemaps, hosting, CDNs, and link cloakers
- Answer product questions related to account setup, API integrations, and link tracking
- Document and standardize these support processes
- Add and maintain articles and tutorials in our Help Center
- Answer questions sent to our Support email address
- Answer questions posted in our Facebook community
- Suggest UX improvements to reduce repeat support queries
The time commitment starts at 10 hours per week, with the opportunity to increase to 15-20.
About the company
Affilimate is an analytics platform that helps affiliate publishers grow their website’s affiliate revenue through data. We do that in three ways:
- Aggregating data from multiple affiliate networks in one place via API
- Automating affiliate revenue attribution back to content and links
- Optimization tools like conversion heatmaps and revision tracking
The result is a beautiful dashboard that gives affiliates of all sizes the kind of business insights previously reserved for the largest media companies.
As such, our customers range from bloggers and solo affiliates to multi-site portfolio owners, website investors, and established media brands.
We’re a bootstrapped startup founded in Berlin, with team members across the world. Our co-founder Monica is an engineer and affiliate herself, and will be personally training you on the specifics of this position.
17 EUR (~$18.60 USD) per hour
Remote, Between GMT-1 and GMT+3
You’ll be primarily communicating with our customers in Europe and Asia Pacific regions.
- Work remotely and enjoy flexible hours
- Minimal meetings (1x per month check-ins)
- No on-call rotation
- Work with a growing, bootstrapped startup
- Paid week off for the Winter holidays
- Strong written English. A key element of this job is explaining clearly and concisely how to fix technical issues to WordPress site owners.
- Strong prior experience with WordPress plugins and ecosystem. You need to have worked with WordPress previously in a professional capacity.
- Comfort with HTML, HTTP requests and redirects, sitemaps, caching, CDNs, hosting. You don’t need to be a developer, but you should understand how websites and webservers work in practice.
- Core understanding of how affiliate marketing works, practically and technically (cookies, query parameters, networks, programs, etc). Helping our customers use affiliate tracking to improve revenue is our core business!
You’ll be at a strong advantage for this role if you have:
- Specific past experience doing WordPress plugin support
- Personally operated a website monetized via affiliate marketing in the past
- 10-20 hours per week + monthly check-in
- Timezone overlap with Berlin (Central European Time)
- You can work independently while still asking questions when something isn’t clear.
- We’ll start slow and tag team over Slack and in Help Scout as you learn the product and domain.
- After 3-4 weeks, you need to be able to handle most common support requests yourself and know the product in-depth.
- The ideal candidate for this job is already proficient at troubleshooting WordPress technical issues, and wants a more flexible, part-time job that isn’t stressful.
- Apart from day to day support requests, specific tasks surrounding documentation and tutorials will be coordinated in our project management tool, Shortcut.
Please click the Apply now button below and fill out the form to apply for this role.
Demonstrating an understanding of our product and this role will dramatically improve your chances of hearing back from us.
Thanks for your time, we look forward to receiving your application!
To apply for this job please click on -> affilimate.com.